Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

domain not working without www

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampko

Programmer
Nov 4, 2004
US
Not sure if this is the right group to ask, but we have a damain set up Registered through godaddy. We run dns in house. Having a problem with getting the website to come up when the left out. Setup the appropriate dns a host files, and that fixed it internally, but still having problems when people connect from the outside world. Any ideas?

You'll need to get the DNS configured properly, at the moment traffic for domain.com is obviously being directed to another address, or has no record.

You're running DNS servers in house; are they being externally queried and where is the website hosted?

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - Major Mike Shearer

Should have been more clear about that, the web servers are located in house as well.

Whomever is handling your external DNS provisioning (usually your ISP), needs to include an @. record to point to your server in additon to the www. record.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

There are no more PDC's! There are DC's with FSMO roles!

Ok I got it taken care of, they had it pointing over, but in IIS under properties, then under the web site tab i clicked advanced, and it had the in there, I just removed that, and it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back