Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Name Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Law1213

Programmer
Jan 3, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have a functioning server currently using the domain name However I have recently purchased a new domain name I have checked my newly registered domain name lawsserver.com points to my server using Hostname-to-ip tools which say it resolves to 213.107.175.225 my servers IP. However, when I visit the url it directs my to ukreg.com my hosting provider, strange!
When I visit my ftp server using the IP or existing sub-domain name (law.dynu.com) all works fine, however, when I visit replacing the IP with the domain name lawsserver.com it fails??

I have created records ns1.lawsserver.com which point to my DNS server which resolves the lawsserver.com to 213.107.175.225 my servers IP.

Why doesn't this work, if the hostname-to-ip tools say it is directing the domain name to my ip address? Also it would be helpful if anyone is familar with directing a domain name from ukreg.com to their own server.

Thank you for any help, hope thats not to daunting for ya.

Chris.

Works for me, I just hit your site. Maybe your local DNS has a cache, try IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS on your local machine and try hitting it again...

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

It depends when you hit it because at about 3pm to I found that I had two DNS "A" Records directing one domain name to two different IPs one was incorrect, I deleted the incorrect 2nd DNS "A" Record and all worked fine. Few.

Anyway thanks a lot for suggestions and help.

Chris

Let me guess, the 213.107.175.225 was incorrect, because when I put that in a browser, page not found. Clicking on your links worked fine. Good troubleshooting.

Glen A. Johnson
"To fear the worst oft cures the worse."
William Shakespeare (1564-1616); English dramatist, poet.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back