Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

domain login problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlund

Technical User
Nov 30, 2004
US
Hey guys-
I need some help batting heads on this one. Here's what we have got:

Two domains, trusted. Domain A has absolutely no problems talking to the other domain, Domain B. Domain B cannot talk to domain A ONLY from the domain controller. If I sit at any other machine on Domain B I can get into the file share on domain A's domain controller. If I am at domain B's domain controller, I cannot access Domain A's domain controller.

All the machines on Domain B are logged in with the same administrator account.

Domain A can validate the trust both ways, no problem.

Domain B cannot validate the incoming trust. I do not get an error, it just keeps asking me for the username and password to verify on Domain A. I have tried just typing administrator. I have tried typing domainA\administrator. Nothing works.

If I try to access domain A's domain controller through explorer by typing \\10.10.20.1 It brings up a login screen, which no login works.

If I do the same thing from any other machine on domain B, I can login no problem.

This really doesn't make any sense. I didn't set this server up, and I think the guys that set it up, really screwed something up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back