Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain log on with 2 network cards 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2003
US
Hello everyone,

Have a integrated nic that I use to log on at the office and a wireless nic to log on to win2k server through vpn at home. I can't log on with the wireless unless I disjoin the domain and the rejoin with the wireless active. Then when I get back to the office and use the integrated card I have to rejoin the domain with that.

Is there a way to "authorize" both nic's so I do not always have to rejoin the domain when logging on with the other nic?

Just disable one and then use the other. When you know that you are going to shutdown for the day at the office and go home, disable the one for the office and enable the one for home. This should work.

AV

Here's a star AV. You can't have 2 nics running at the same time unless they have been set up to run together with special software. Then they act as one. If you have 2 nics installed, you have to disable one to do the other. Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
"To fear the worst oft cures the worse."
William Shakespeare (1564-1616); English dramatist, poet.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

I would agree, but I have already set up two seperate hardware profiles. When at home, my hardware profile disables my integrated nic & When at the office another hardware profile disables the wireless.

Long story short, the other card is disabled and I still have to rejoin the domain every time I switch locations.

Thanks for your replies.

Something is missing here. What OS's are you using? Are we talking about a laptop where you're plugging in the nics? Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
"To fear the worst oft cures the worse."
William Shakespeare (1564-1616); English dramatist, poet.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back