Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain interaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

croc

Technical User
Jan 8, 2002
GB
I have a problem as a result of being put on a citrix neighbourhood. I am running a database in access through citrix. One of the main directives of this program is to control a nonwindows based program that is located locally on the individuals box. This is done doing an appactivate command in access that sends key strokes to the application by name. This worked fine when access was located locally along with the other program. Now when I run the program it can not find the application because it resides locally and access is in citrix. Is there anyway that I can create a path back to the local box to find it?

I don't think so - but you could try using a url using the %clientdrive% variable.

You could possibly put this into a login script as a drive mapping, but that's extremely clunky.

Hope this gives you a few ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back