Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain/Exchange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewishardwick

Technical User
Jan 11, 2003
GB
Hey all,

Slight pain in the bum happening to me. Got one of my recently upgraded XP Pro desktops, its been running fine all week, but now when you try to log into the Domain, its taking ages to log-in. Once it has, I can load the company databas which is kept on the server, but its a bit sluggish. But when I try and access Outlook, I have no chance. I keep getting an error saying that the exchange server is unreachable.

I have tried the following:

Checked all network sonnections, from the back for the PC to the patch panel/hub.
Removed and re-added the machine to the domain.
Tried logging on as various differetn users.
Shutdown/re-start the machine several times.

The user profiles are roaming, but I have also deleted the local profile that existed before. But still no joy.

The last thing I want to do, is to re-start the server, as I would get lynched. But I've got the feeling this is the last option open to me at the moment.

Any others ideas greatly appreciated.

Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back