Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

domain controller server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2003
US
I am using server 2003 for my local domain controller. I use charter for my isp(cable) and a dlink router. I setup a local domain(rodge) and all pc's log into it currently. Over the weekend I bought a public domain. I'd like to eventually host it at my home and also setup an exchange server using that domain. Do I need to create a new machine to control this domain? Should I just create a new forest? Should I scrap the old domain? No matter what steps I take, where can I find help achieving them?

Your internal domain shouldn't contain a public namespace. Leave your current internal domain (rodge) as is and use an MX record for the new public domain to point to the internal Exchange server.
You can ask the ISP to do this for you.
Note - Your firewall will be required to NAT the public ip address to the internal private ip address for the Exchange box.

Check out Ms web site on exchange and go to and try searches on Exchange (what ever version you have) for how to guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back