Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Controller has lost Group Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITLady

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2002
US
I have almost complete the configuration of Small Business Server 2000. I started receivng error messages in the application event log every 5 - 10 minutes:

UserEnv 1000 - windows cannot access the registry information at \\domain name\sysvol\domain name\policies
SceCli 1001 - Security policy cannot be propagated. Cannot access template.

UserEnv 1000 - The group policy client side extension security was passed flags (17) and returned a failure status code of (3)

I checked the microsoft web site and was suggest to do the following:

1. Make sure the Network & dial up connection are configured under Advanced for file and print sharing.
2. Under active directory look at group policy .
Which I did and received the following selection choice:
A. The one with operations master token for PDC emulator.
B. The one used by active directory snap-ins
C. Use any available domain controller

I attempted all three and received the following message:
"Fail to find domain controller. There may be a policy that prevents you from selecting another domain controller."

Details: The network path found.

I do have a backup from a week ago. I can restore a file if neccessary, but I'm not sure of the problems that would cause. I am not sure whether it would be easier to just start over???

Thanks for any help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back