Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Controller destroyed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javy1

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
Hey Guys,

I have two servers, they are both domain controller. They are both running Windows 2000 Server. One of the server crash and it is useless. I try to bring it back so I can demoted it but it has been impossible. Now, all I want to do is remove traces of the crashed server from the other server. Is there a way to do this? I am getting all sort of errors in the other server due to the fact that it cannot find the crash server anymore. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Regards,

Javy

I've had the same issue. Lost a second dc, had to re-format the hard drive. Now it's showing up as a ghost server. I still haven't resolved this, mostly because the fixes I've found look like they would do more harm than good. Good luck. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it."
Jean de La Fontaine (1621-1695); French poet.

Thanks Bronto, I've seen that, and I didn't like the warnings about the registry. This is no more than a nuisance for now, so I'm not overly concerned. The server we f-disked is now a stand alone test server and I brought in another server and ran dcpromo on it. Thanks again. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it."
Jean de La Fontaine (1621-1695); French poet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back