Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Controller backup ASR error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantab888

MIS
Nov 26, 2001
US
* aus-dc-01:ASR:\ Automated System Recovery Files - The network configuration file exceeded the maximum size

As per direction from EMC support, I’ve completed the tasks of upgrading our Backup Server to NetWorker 7.2.Build.494. However, I ran a test backup of the Domain Controller after the upgrade and the ASR problem has not been resolved. I don’t think this error will cause any problems from a recovery standpoint, because the ASR:\ is still being backed up.

However, I need to find out what's going on. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

* aus-dc-01:ASR:\ Automated System Recovery Files - The network configuration file exceeded the maximum size
aus-dc-01: ASR:\ level=full, 3391 KB 00:09:42 13 files

Hi,

the message indicates that you will not be able to create your ASR diskette. The ASR:\ save set is 3.3MB and will not fit on a floppy.

I do not think so. As far as i remember, i already had a situation where the recovery of the ASR save set was written to more than one diskette. The only problem i can think of is if one file is more than 1.44 MB in size.

And the problem occurs during the backup, correct?

Try to recover the save set. As you can do this only to a diskette, you can not harm anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back