Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Client Computer policies over VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazz

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get some answers about slow logon times for domain clients connecting over VPN. The slow part of the startup I am focusing on is from pressing the power button to the ctrl alt del screen which can take well over 20mins.

The clients are still trying to process computer polices and are looking for a server with scripts on them which are being used to push out software etc.

Obviously, until the user logs on, no link to the domain has been created so the computer wont find the pdc or any other network server, but the client doesnt bypass this. I thought that if the client cant locate the pdc it would assume its not on the network and not keep trying to find these servers.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or, does anyone have a domain client that doesnt have this behaviour? If someone could plug there cleint into a broadband line and turn it on and see what happens that would be great!

Thanks
wazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back