Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

domain admin password recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpinetech

Technical User
Mar 16, 2006
CA
hi.
im working on a HP Proliant server. The service company that was handling this server went bankrupt, so there is nobody to see about the domain admin password.
Ive tryed various means already. ive even payed $60 for a program that didn't even do the job.
I can clear the local administrator account password but none of the domain admin's in AD.
Also i cannot login locally because there must be a policy setup to deny local admin login.
These are the things i did.

1. I went to this site and tried this method.

2. I went to loginrecovery.com to retrieve the local admin password, successfully.

3. i used Offline NT Password & Registry Editor but it needs drivers for scsi, raid. - would this method get a domain admin password, if i get the drivers for it?

i get an error message. the password, username is incorrect.

sorry.. i should have said more.i get an error message after login attempts, it says the password, username is incorrect.
i read further into it and someone mentioned to put the /domain for the net user command. ive done that already. i tryed it without the /k and with it. ive tryed a known user admin name and ive also tryed the administrator username. none seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back