Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Doesn't work on some machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torp23

Programmer
Jun 13, 2002
US
I am developing a new intranet page in XML for our company and as I walk around to the other workstations in the IT Dept to test some of it, I am finding that 2 of the 6 computers I have tried it doesn't come up. One computer gave me a "you are not authorized to view..." error and the other one brings up some of the page, but the rest is either jarbled or missing.

I am going through the examples in the Microsoft Press "XML" book by R. Allen Wyke et.al. and the computers are all Compaq EVO models. The example uses xml, and an xsl file with some elaborate xsl script and a little Java Script.

Any ideas from anyone on why this would not work on some computers on the LAN?

Scott

You might look at the browser versions. IE 5.0 was the first windows browser to do much of anything for XML, but support has gotten stronger in each subsequent version. It's not inconceivable that one could be running IE5.0 and throwing an error while another running IE5.5 would display your page. That's just an off the top of my head thing. If you know the page itself works then you need to look at what is different in the environments where it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back