Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Doesn't want AA, wants Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincyb

Vendor
May 6, 2004
US
Hi,
A recently installed Partner system, the customer is now wanting it to do a "feature" of their "40 year old system" - rather than having callers after hours going through the AA to leave a message, they want to be able to push one button, and have the inbound call go to a specific outside phone number, one that would change nightly, to the person who would be responsible for answering calls that evening.
I'm thinking remote call forwarding, but how to route incoming calls not through the AA, but straight from "in" to "out". Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

get call forwarding from the telco

put the call forward info to a one touch speed dial number

so at 5:00 I push the speed dial button it does #70(or whatever your telco code is ) then Ienter the nuber I sant calls to go to and leave

in the morning I ush another button #71(or whatever your telco code is ) call forwarding is off

If your recently installed Partner system is an ACS R6, you have remote call forward built in.

Make and extension be the "owner" of the lines with Call Cover, #208. Give that extension Remote Call Forward, #322. Put the various people on call in the Personal Speed Dial of the extension, in locations like Feature 80, 81, 82, etc. Add a "Forward" button to the extension, program it as "Feature-11-XX" where XX is the extension number.

At night, press the Forward button, and dial the speed dial code associated with the person on call. Just dial the 2-digit code, without the "feature", i.e., for the person in Feature-80, press "Forward" and dial 80.

In the morning, press "Forward" again, and dial the extension's own extension number to cancel the forwarding.

Hey TTTommy, would that work with extension 10? It would be the office admin that be doing this at 5:00, and that's what extension she is at...

Ext. 10 would be fine. You must keep in mind that if you are also using voice mail, and the lines go unanswered during the day, Ext. 10's mailbox will answer them. You could avoid this by NOT assigning Auto VMS Cover to Ext. 10. Calls could still be sent to Ext. 10's mailbox with the Transfer to Voice Mail button, Feature 14, but unanswered incoming calls would not cover there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back