Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does XP Pro support multiple screen resolutions for different users? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xproforme

Technical User
Sep 12, 2003
US
Win 98 and ME do, but for some reason XP appears to only support one set resolution for all users. I've tried setting different resolutions under administratior but the selected resolutions default to the last one that I set for all user accounts. Any thoughts on what to try next? Thank you in advance.

I can't remember where I read this, but I'm pretty sure WinXP will only support one screen resolution. Which means, it is global. If one user wants larger fonts or icons, you may be able to set this preference for each user. I haven't had to do this, so I may be wrong, but it may be worth a try.

sj

Thanks Wolluf, the Doug Knox utility worked like a charm. Each user now has a screen resolution set for their personal viewing each time they log on to XP. It's a shame that this feature is not supported under XP.

If your not sure about something try asking someone else and you may just find the answer you were looking for right under your nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back