Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does Windows NT 4.00 support Plug and Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulnaoar

Technical User
Jun 8, 2005
CA
We have a computer whose OS is Windows NT 4.00, when I plug in USB memeroy key, it couldn't recognise the new hardware. Does it need a driver? Thanks!

Hi, Windows NT 4.00 does not support USB devices on its own. There are many third-party drivers available, tho, I'd start with the company who made the memory key that you use, or "Google" for "USB on NT" and you'll find many choices.

Hi,my memory key came with a disc but it's a driver only for Windows98. I tried to look at their web (Fujufilm)and no luck. Then I tried some other 3rd parties. but I am not sure what to choose, they have "Develop high-performance device drivers"; "USB device firmware development tool"; "Embedded USB software solutions"; "Gateway software download". Could you please give me some clue?
Thanks

the best clue to give on this is get rid of NT!

not trying to be smart just honest.

Most of the "old" style drivers came with two floppys. One for Windows, and one for DOS/NT. Did you get a DOS driver disk/program?

no, it came with a CD, which only has a driver for Windows98.

Do a google search for: usb driver nt4. There are lots of hits with what you need/are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back