Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

does the c4gl product require an IBM C compiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noober

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2003
US
I'm confused...if I bought the c4gl toolset, does that come with its own compiler for converting the 4gl to C and then to machine code? Or do you need IBM's C compiler? I am getting mixed signals from IBM support and I am planning an upgrade that will require me to update the IBM C compiler -if- its needed.

what is your OS, what tool set you got? Normaly c4gl installed on UNIX comes along with(or make use of UNIX) c compiler.

if its in UNIX, you can write a small 4gl program and type c4gl -c 'program name' on your prompt.

Let me know your OS, c4gl toolset version also.

Hi sojankurian,
INFORMIX-4GL Version 7.20.UE2 running on AIX 4.3

Hi:

I've worked with Informix 4GL, c4gl compiled version, under Unix for a lot years, and I've never heard of Informix bundling a "C" compiler with c4gl.

You need to provide the "C" compiler - Informix will not do if for you. If you obtain the system "C" compiler for AIX 4.3, chances are Informix 4GL will compile for you.

I've heard of people using the gcc compileer from gnu.org, but I have no personal experience.

Regards,

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back