Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does old CDR format report abandoned calls, ring time or hold time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazierr

MIS
Jun 23, 2004
US
I have a request from upper management for data on abandoned calls.

Environment:
CS1000 on Opt 11C, basic ACD (no symposium) and 3904 instruments. A smallish "mountain resort" front desk and back office are involved.
Using OTM for realtime collection, costing and transmission of records to PMS (Property Management System) for billing to guests. Seems to be working.
Can run reports on OTM, but can't get data for abandoned calls (or hold time or ring time) in any report.
For example, Telecom Billing System Reports => Frequency => Ring Time Report and Hold Time Detail aren't reporting anything, but other unrelated reports seem fine.
Looking in (a copy of) the CDR0001.MDB, I find columns for HoldTime and RingTime, but they are always a zero. (Pulses and CallFlag are also always a zero, and ConstStatus is always a one)
Not sure how to tell what the PBX sends (think it is old format due to the script running on OTM), thus the reason for phrasing the question about old CDR.
How do I verify the PBX is sending "old" format? If the "old" format doesn't provide the information I need, how do I change to "new" format on PBX, and what am I likely to need to change to get new format to flow into the existing CDR0001.MDB file? Any 'gotchas' for a non phone-wizard?

I'm an IT guy, not a phone wizard. Therefore, I don't always know which LD is needed for various activities, nor the specifics of how to use it once I'm there. I've been looking at some of the scripts on the OTM, but haven't found the magic file that indicates actual filenames (such as CDR0001.MDB) in the process of collecting, costing, transmission, and for after-the-fact reports.

Thanks
--Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back