Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does my AVAGO-LSI SAS3i 9300 make BSOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roof55-NO

Technical User
May 1, 2018
NO
Hi folks!
I'm new in this forum, and searching a solution for encountered problem .
I'm struggling with BSOD in different categories, but the most widespread was Critical_Process_Died.

Now, in my event history, the LSI PCIeX16 Card LSI SAS3i Gets Report: The driver detected a driver error on \ Device \ RaidPort0, ID11. There are always 3 idensike error messages, with identical date / time stamps.

PCIeX16 shorter, LSI SAS 9300-Si PCI Express was purchased in August 2017, and has not received any firmware updates since this time. I find that the manufacturer has sent information about updates, but for me, such are just product updates.

During boot boot, the card has such identifications:
LSI Corporation MPT SAS3 BIOS-MPT3BIOS-8.11.00.00 (2014.05.20)
Copyrights 2000-2014 LSI Corporstion.

Further in commission: Product Revision: 5.00.00.00

I am very grateful for all volunteers and your input.

Roof55-NO,
What type of drives are you using on the card? And how many? I note it's a SAS3i, but are you using SATA drives on it? How many ports on this card?
Also, you mention firmware, and that you bought the card in August 2017, but the Firmware date is May 20, 2014. That's quite a long gap between. I suspect that a firmware update will resolve your issue.
What motherboard are you running this on also?

Best Regards,
Scott
MIET, MASHRAE, CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, CTDC, CTIA, ATS

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

I found this:

which shows that the latest firmware in 24 November 2017, and version is 15.00.02.00
I would download that and apply it, and see if that fixes your issue first.

I'm guessing it's for 4 port, but they have 16 port version and 8 port version at that site as well.

Best Regards,
Scott

Hi all.
Only SATA port using. And about ports, this card dors NOT using P1 typed csble. I supose this P1 mention to be a sort of port "0", but not using jet.
At all 5 port are used to my Asus x79 Deluxe MoBo. I think a brand new caerd of date bougth in Aug-17 was present with not BIOS firmwared from 2014, even that are the BIOS signature.
I'm then agree, any way to upgrade BIOS. As I mention, some paert of upgrade info are arrived, but does it exsist a upgrade "how to"?

Thanks.

Roof,
The link I gave you above has the firmware file. Download it, and follow the instructions from the Broadcom site.

Best Regards,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back