Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does loginscripts get cached by client computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel014

Technical User
Nov 1, 2005
NO
Hi! I'm getting crazy here! Some of the Windows 2000 computers has got a loginscript which is supposed to run at every logon. The script is located in \\server\sysvol\domain\scripts\netlogon.bat

Now, when the users log on, I can see that the script is actually run from U:\! Which is the users home folder. And there isn't even any netlogon.bat there! So why doesn't it run from sysvol like it's suppoed to?? This caused glitches to happen cause I constantly update the loginscript and add stuff. When I try to manually run the script from \\server\sysvol\domain\scripts\netlogon.bat, I get an error message saying that UNC paths is not supported or whatever. Could this be what's causing the malfunction?
Earlier this year, I added another script which is run by netlogon.bat that checks the computer name and then runs a registry file which sets an incorrect proxy. This to block Internet access on certain computers. This has worked well, but now the users on those computers get a proxy adress I can't seem to find anywhere! Not in the loginscripts nor any GPOs!

Does Windows cache loginscripts or something? Cause I've checked every GPO and no GPOs has got incorrect proxy adresses. Domain policy has also got the correct proxy adress, but the computers still get a false one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back