Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does inventory have WWN data from HBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korwin

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2007
Hello,

I'm a Storage Administrator (Not a SMS admin or even a user) at a large company with over 600 Windows boxes.

I have need of a report that will list the Windows Server names, and list the WWN's of the fiber channel host bus adapters installed in each server. I don't know how hard or easy this request is, or if its even doable.

Is WWN data collected by default? How difficult of a request is this of me to make of our SMS admin?

Thanks in advance!

I think if they were HP servers with the SMS inventory tool for/from HP installed they could do it. I dont know that it exists in SMS otherwise. (never really been asked or checked, although I've never seen that in there, and I have been through sms a time or two!!)

Korwin, I am a storage consultant and a SMS Inventory hacker, I will have a look to see if we can get this for you, may need to give me a day or two, till I can get round to it.

Neil J Cotton
Technical Consultant
Anix

Thanks Neil,

Not sure if it will matter, all the servers are Dell with Emulex cards.

Are they Windows servers?

Neil J Cotton
Technical Consultant
Anix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back