Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does IBM have a front end for DB2 for queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailblazerLS

Technical User
Sep 26, 2006
US
I have been using Access to query our mainframe DB2 tables. This works pretty well, but we would like to know if IBM-DB2 has some kind of front-end for developing queries.

SPUFI

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

There are many different ways to access DB2, it depends upon your platform. Access works, although if you use Access interface to build the SQL, you will be hampering yourself. MS Query is another. And I believe that UDB2 has a PC based interface that allows you to query the tables.

It depends upon your platform, plus what you are happy with.

Marc

although if you use Access interface to build the SQL, you will be hampering yourself
If you want to stick with access, you can get around this limitation with access pass-thru queries. With pass-thru queries, you bi-pass the jet engine completely. That being said, we mostly use i-series navigator to access our AS400. I don't know if the main frame has anything similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back