Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does Dynagen work on Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giant99

Technical User
Sep 19, 2008
GB
I have downloaded dynagen and when I try an run it the CMD box pops up for a fraction of a second and then just shuts down. That is all I get.

Am I doing something wrong?

Try running as admin.. R-Click on the app then select run as administrator! If you run the Dynamips server just run it normally then the Dynagen app as admin.. Just play around until it works.. This is most likely the issue!

B Haines
CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

Hi

Thanks for your advise. I ahve tried to mess with it but still get the same result. I must have a bad copy.

This is a great piece of software. Thanks a lot for pointing me to it.

I have been setting it up. The the problem I am having is that when I run 3 routers, with my 3640 IOS, the CPU goes up to 100% with the idle pc set up already in place.

This is on my office PC running XP with 1GB of RAM.

Thanks for any help.

You need more tha just 1GB, especially running more than one router...

Burt

Hi there,

I have now installed GNS3 on my Vista (2GB RAM) at home and I'm running into problems.

I have enabled the telnet client but when clicking on the telnet button on GNS3 it comes up with an error message.

'The system cannot find the file specified'.

I have an IOS listed in the Hypervisors box (c3640-jk9o3s-mz.124-16a) but when clicking the check for minimum RAM requirement button an error message pops up.

'Image file box is empty'

I would appreciate any help.

Giant99

LoL...
That was awesome!

Let me share:
(This site has tons of video regarding GNS3)
(More videos and front page has how to use PuTTy for console access) Here is a link to the gns3sessions.dat file that you will need to get this going.. The link on the page is broken so use this one.. when you get to this step.. Just copy the code and paste it into notepad (Windows) and save as gns3sessions.dat

By the way,
User based support on the Freenode network of IRC.
Server: irc.freenode.com
Channels:
#gns3: Focuses on support for the GNS3 product (bugs, recommendations, complaints)
#gns3-labs: Aimed to help with labs and trade topologies.. Not an official GNS3 support channel.

I hope this helps!

B Haines
CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

Hey Burt,
I think he should be fine with XP and a gig of RAM emulating three instances of IOS... Vista is another matter but he should really only be using around 5-600MB with three routers and XP will run on 256... May not be flying but it should work!

B Haines
CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back