Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does dll's depend on machine configurations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbchind

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
IN
We made a dll to generate resumes for a department using ASP.On implementing our software we found the dll is not working in our client's machine(server).We came to a conclusion that that m/c should support word and excel, which is not there previously.
Is our conclusion correct?
Does the other (server) m/c should need all office dll's installed ?

I would think that if the DLL uses objects, programs etc. that rely on other DLLs that they are required. If they are not there and your DLL uses something that depends on it, it won't work.

I'm not an expert on DLLs, but I think this is correct... "For Lucky Best Wash Use Mr Sparkle."

Yes, the DLLs must be made available to the server. If you happen to know specifically which ones then you should have them installed on the server. However, MrSparkle is also right. If one of the Word's DLL calls for another obj in another of Word's dll and that second one is not available then you'll still have a glitch.

You're best bet IS to install Word (or Excel or whatever app(s) you're linking to) for your ASP to function properly.

--Miggyd "The world shrinks more and more with every new user online."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back