Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

does crystal report have sheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalamber

Programmer
Feb 1, 2007
SE
Hi,

i need to create reports in one file, these reports might have some relationship among each other, i need to use crystalreportviewer which is a component of .net to open the reports, however, because crystalreportviewer can not have tabs that show more than one report, so i wonder if the crystal report itself could save more than one report in one file?(just like Oracle Discoverer or Excel, which have the concepts of sheet)

No.

But you might give the appearance of that depending upon the requirements.

One example would be to use a UNION ALL query toget the data for different reports, adding a column to designate the sourceand group by that field, as in:

select 'Accounting' MySource, f1, f2 from table1
union all
select 'HR' MySource, f1, f2 from table2
union all
select 'Shipping' MySource, f1, f2 from table2

Now grouping by MySource and setting New Page After and Reset Page numbers will appear to be 2 reports, one after the other, and the group tree navigationwill allow for hopping between each.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back