Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does Crisis Alert Work if Trunk Is OOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinney

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2004
US

I'm trying to capture photos of the phone and how it displays crisis alerts.

I'm using a home lab with no trunks connected to the gateway, but everything is programmed: FAC for dialing 9, ARS ANA for 911 (set to alrt), Routing Table, Trunk Group (member defined but line OOS), 2 extensions programmed and one has crisis alert button.

When I dial 9911, the call attempts to route out trunk 1 on the only member defined that is OOS, but the phone with the crisis alert button doesn't alert.

It would be very disappointing if the system doesn't create the alert if the call doesn't route due to an unreachable call path. I would think that the 911 alert would still be sent to the phone.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Y'know, I never thought of that.

I bet if you opened a ticket they'd tell you that your users would be very disappointed that you didn't program another trunk group for emergency calls!

Understood, but unfortunately, despite all the redundancy in the world, you can still wind up in a situation where there is no route. Hopefully, never happens, but it could.

I was able to get a line to the gateway in my test system and unfortunately proved out that if the call can't route, it does not activate the crisis alert on the phone. That's disappointing.

Does anyone know if this is also the case if you have RedSky or Sentry?

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back