Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does creating a webservice consume multiple logins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badmotorvision

Programmer
Oct 15, 2009
US
I want to create a webservice to interface our application with accpac. We are in short supply of users lisc. we have 10. Worst case scenario there would be as many as 40 users hitting the webservice to interface data into accpac. Do we have to purchase additional lisc. or is there someway to share the accpac api session object?

If each web user has a distinct login to accpac then you will consume 1 license per user. Accpac API sessions cannot be shared.

With the pending release of 6.1, I strongly recommend that you don't do any web integration to Accpac. The model is about to change drastically.

@ettienne, The webservice will use a single login. IE "INTERFACE"
but the possibility exists that this webservice will be called by multiple users at the same time. And were still on 5.5a no plans on upgrading at this time.

The web service in 5.5 sucks, so badly that I would say forget about it. As tuba said, in 6.1 they are releasing the first version that really supports web services that are viable.
You may think you have 1 login, but remember that logging in multiple times as the same user is still multiple logins.

You said web service in your original question but it looks like you want to web-enable your application and have it talk, via COM, to Accpac.

If your application can queue up the requests then you can have it log on once to Accpac and process all of the pending transactions that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back