Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does COM+ export TLBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigViking

Programmer
Feb 15, 2003
ZA
I have just started changing the interfaces to my classes from VB empty interfaces to IDL compiled interfaces. This is all working fine. Do not know why I didn't get into IDL a long time ago.

Know the question I have to ask is this. When COM+ exports the component to a client (via the MSI) does it automatically register these TLBs or do I have to manually register then in the same way I have to register the VB TLBs with CliReg32?

The next question.

Is it not possible to replace the whole VB VBR and TLB business with a IDL compiled TLB? It would be ideal if this could be done. For as far as I've heard the reason why VB apps have to be manually registered with Clireg32 is because the VB generated TLBs are not quite up to COM+ spec.
Is this true? If not then why the manual registering of the remote apps? The Big Viking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back