Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone uses a EMC DL7xx or falconstore directly here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novelli

Technical User
Jul 2, 2005
DE
Hi,

is anybody running a EMC DL 300, 700, 710,720,740 or a system with falconstore in combination with some other storage (at the end the same) ?

We need to compare something.

Thx for reply

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

We did run one (DL720) CDL 2.1 but sent it back, I have copys of the ipstorxrays if you want to see a setting

Hi Christos,

that would be great, becasue we have big trouble with this too and EMC has NO IDEA since 15 month !

pls send it to andreas at eckertweb dot de

thx
andreas

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

Hi ByronStyro,

we looking for special entrys in NEtworker daemon.log and for messages (if Solaris)
Also for some entrys in the xray of the cdl.
We have massive problems since more then 15 months without a solution from emc.

It would be great if we can get directy in contact

pls mail me at

andreas at eckertweb dot de

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

what we look in detail for is:

daemon.log from networker server on solaris:

07/11/06 09:02:54 nsrd: media info: unload error for jukebox `CDL001' detected. Retrying
07/11/06 09:02:54 nsrd: media info: unload retry for jukebox `CDL001': sleeping 30 seconds

messages on Solaris

Jul 7 08:25:48 b42sv201 SCSI transport failed: reason 'timeout': giving up

messages in CDL/Falconstor logfiles

Jul 11 05:11:59 DL700 ipstorcomm [tape_cmd.c:disableVTape:1578][16482]: isTLEBusy() = 0 Jul 11 05:11:59 DL700 ipstorcomm [mgtpipe_exec.c:pipe_thread:905][16482]: Rcv'd mgtpipe cmd: 'tapelocation 5519 [CDL300J3] 1 5125 347 -1'

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

ANother entry out of the CDL Logfile whae we lok for similars is

40019,"Failed to write to Virtual Tape. Tape VID 5376, EC 154"

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

@ByronStyro

Intresting...soem questions about your environment:

Which Backup Software and version you are running
Which OS is below the backup Software
Which HBA´s are used
Which Switch is used for the SAN

Thx

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

I have 2 CDL700 and CDL740.....I have Networker 7.2.1 server on the CDL700 and Networker 7.3 server on CDL740...I don't seem to have these problems....I have Solaris 8 OS with Qlogic HBAs

thx...i expected everything then a Cisco MDS...all Sites where i know problems having the MDS

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

Hi,
we substituted the ciksco switch in the meantime temorarly with a brocade but the errors on ourt site are still the same..

If anybody having Networker on Solaris and a EMC CDL (DL300/700/710/720/740) can you pls run that command on the networker server and tell me if you see any errors ?

more /nsr/logs/daemon.log|egrep "retry|full|failed|Error|error|I/O|out|warning|mismatch|Warning|abort|Abort|disabled|Disabled|re-setting|deactivating|crash"

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

Hi,

our Problems are gone since we switched from DL700 to DL710 (compleatly on FC Drives and faster server)

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE
EMC Networker LCNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back