Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone tell me where can I get the free software

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmutyapu

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2001
US
I am interested in accessing my office pc from home. Can anyone help me in finding the free download software.

Thanks,
RM

Thanks Erik and John.

I am able to download and install the WinVNC software and access the My Work PC desktop from the other PC within the Intranet (within my office network). But I am not able to connect from my home PC. Can you please tell what are the things I need to setup to access MY work PC from HOME PC.

Any other software required?

Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions and help.
RM

You'll need to arrange for incoming access on any firewalls that may be running on your office LAN. Open a pass through for port 5800 (or 5900) by default for TightVNC and then find some means of filtering to only allow connections from your home IP address (or range of addresses).

Also, you'll need to make sure you're running the Tight VNC program on your home machine too, unless you want to use a browser to access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back