Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone know where the 46xxsettings.txt file found on IP Office Server edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneMan777

Programmer
Aug 1, 2010
US
Hello,

Does anyone know where the 46xxsettings.txt file is found on IP Office Server edition? I can see the file settings if I web browse to the primary server, but I cannot seem to locate the actual file anywhere under the opt directory on the server using Winscp nor can I locate the file using embedded file management in manager.

I'm sure it's probably something simple but it's eluding me. Thanks!

It's on support.avaya.com and not included at default.

I'm clear but my fighter is down.

You can find it on the server somewhere in the folder /opt/.../.../primary.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You can find it in you Manager folder in your computer as well. But as said before it is not part of the IPO fileserver by default. Either on IP500 or Server Edition.

If there is no one present, IPO will create one for you that is not shown in embedded file management.

The same is for 96x1Hupgrade.txt what can produce a big surprise and a bad mood for the customer if you tell him his phone system will be OOS for about 15min during an upgrade but he has to wait hours for the phones pulling new firmware. And... IPO will not enliven firmware as long as manager uploads it's files...

Ok thanks guys. So if I understand you, I need to get a copy of the 46xxsettings/txt file (out of my manager for example) which isn't showing up on the Primary server, and modify the few fields I need, and then load it onto the server? I assume once it has been modified and uploaded then it will appear? Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back