Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does Anyone Know How to Configure Aloha Mobile Running on an iPad to Open a Cash Drawer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBeach3695

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2014
US
My local Aloha Dealer is claiming there is NO WAY to open a cash drawer via Aloha Mobile running on an iPad. I find this very hard to believe given the fact NCR the application developer included an Open Drawer button in the NCR Aloha Mobile app available on iTunes. Can anyone offer any insite into this topic? I would be most grateful.

I'm only guessing here as I'm about yo install mobile myself.
Is the ipad listed in hardware as a terminal and cash drawer defined as well.

Since the ipad is kind of a separate application, this May or may not help but maybe try checking ENABLEFOHCOM under stores/settings/system as it may need the external application interface working to communicate. Refresh of course.

Or it could just be for future use.
They also have an IOS only pos system so I'm guessing the code could be just borrowed from that too and never really implemented yet in aloha pos.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back