Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

does anyone have VUP program for XPRESS MAIL 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

old school tech

Programmer
Jan 5, 2017
US
thread461-1735879

Hi,
I just ran into this voice mail recently.
Over the years I've worked on many different telecommunications equipment (just to date me: 1a2,strata 3 :don"t laugh [bigsmile]) .If I didn't have a manual I would buy one or Now you can download or buy one.

I made a half dozen phone calls to locate the manufacturer.Winds up "key systems us" is no longer in business.
But I did find someone who used to sell atlas products to include xpress mail 2000.Even tho I offered money for
any kind of support,He said that Its been years since he dealt with that product.But he did offer advice,"the avn jr. programs the same as the xpress mail 2000.

I guess I could program it thru the phone. but it would be nice to do it thru my laptop.

can anyone help?

Hmm. Third search result on first google page
Is it that Voice Mail you are looking for?

Sorry just noticed that you are looking for SW, not docs.

There ia an old thread about VUP thread461-1735879. May be try to contact persons in that thread.

Thanks for responding...
I actually did exactly what you wrote before I posted this...went to google..bing..yahoo to search
(strangely the results were almost similar) .Surfed to the old thread thread461-1735879: VUP program for XPRESS MAIL 2000 (VME Aleen, Atlas, AVM jr) as you can see I referenced it in my original post,also already downloaded the user guide(at that same web site you posted (I even called them)) and got a few tel no#s. to see if I can track this product.as was mentioned in my original post.
The Gentleman who I called in the original post said"it programs the same as the avn jr". So I am looking for the software to program this voicemail that is no longer supported and the company no longer exists.I did this all before I posted... being that this issue was raised previously ,I was hoping that maybe someone now had this,or direct me to someone who does and of course if monetary compensation is required, it would not be an issue.It just would be nicer to program thu a computer instead of a phone(even then ,will the voice prompts help me navigate correctly to the appropriate parameters i need to be at?)

I have done a lot of work with these voicemails, we know them as Vocal. The links on the tcl.co.nz site should be fine. If you have trouble connecting to the vm, try a different version. You can get the version of the system when you access the programming through the phone, it will announce it as part of the initial greeting when you get in to programming. There are no further voice prompts to tell you what to do, you just enter the data string and it will beep to tell you it is accepted.
With the software, the process is to read the data first, make the changes and then write it back. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks guys that was helpful...Greatly Appreciated...Don't know if I'll ever run into that equipment again and
If I do I'm prepared.Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back