Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone have or know where to get some free BSCI lab scenarios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2009
US
Hi everyone,

I am going to be taking my BSCI exam in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find some free BSCI practice lab scenarios for my home lab (5 routers). I have the Cisco Press books and CBT Nuggets that I have been using, and I have been trying to create lab scenarios of my own, but I want something that is more structured and will teach me the types of configuration situations I would see on the test and in the real world as well. For example, it might display a certain lab setup and IP scheme and then present a scenario or simply walk me through configuration and explain why each step is being performed. I cannot afford to buy anything, as I have already spent a good amount of money so far.

Thanks!

Allen

Allen,

Free is not always what you want because sometimes you get just what you pay for :-( especially for a Pro level cert :)

You can just download the exam blueprint from Cisco and then work on making your own labs that cover what you need to know for the exam.

You can look for a Cisco Press CCNP Lab book for the Cisco CCNP Network Academy, a used one should be pretty low cost !!!

I have heard very good things about the Bryant Adavantage, looks like you can get his Lab Book for $47, $67 for the package without lab time or $97 with Online labtime. This includes some access to him for questions.

This might be the best bet considering that you will pay $250 for the exam and if you don't pass now you are at $500....... seems like a small investment that you then could sell on Ebay when you are done!!!

You also might check this post at the Cisco Learning Network on the same subject, they have some good books listed -

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back