Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NettableWalker

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2005
GB
Does anyone else become genuinely happy when they get a pile of boxes with "Cisco" stamped on the side, and they get to unwrap them and plug them in and configure them for the first time?

Or is it just me? I've had a great day!

MCP,CCA, Net+, 1 quarter CCNP...

That depends on what's inside the boxes. I'm going to be ecstatic in a couple of weeks when my CallManagers and 3800 series gateways arrive. :)

Yes, I do. Even old stuff (1900 switches, 2500/2600/1700 routers) from ebay...do you copy and paste in Hyperterminal (or minicom, for Linux people like me), or type? Strange question, I know, but then again, are you being facetious or serious?

Have a program called Netterm, It has a couple of great features. The first being session logging which will when enabled create a text file of everything being displayed on the screen until it is turned off. The other is printer logging which is pretty much like session logging except it prints everything as it is displayed on the screen until turned off. Really great for getting text coppies and printouts of configs without cutting and pasting each screen.

I use PuTTY, very easy to use, and the copy and paste when used with Notetab Lite, (another great free program) is great.

And no i wasn't being facetious, i was enjoying a new pile of 3650G switches.

MCP,CCA, Net+, 1 quarter CCNP...

Ah. Very good. Thank you joamon and hellbabe for those program names. I shall check them out. I also would enjoy a pile of 3650 switches. I like seeing the Cisco logo on things other than my computer screen, like on someone's shirt, a new piece of equipment, etc. Thank you for your post, hellbabe. Have a good day.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back