Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anybody know which component that I need to make available ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

technovice

Programmer
Sep 14, 2001
GB
...in order to allow me to produce code that will be capable of contacting a pager.

Thanks in advance.

Well this is a bit more involved than just finding the right code.

You first need to decide who's pagers you want to be able to interface with. Be it Skytel, verizon, etc. Contact those companies and ask for a developer kit. This typically includes a dll file that you can make a wrapper for in VB, and they typically give a developer number that is unique to the software you produce and this is required in order to interface with the provider's pager service.

Once you do that, you should then have in your hands ample information on what calls to make to the dll.

If You would much rather not have to deal with all of that and just want a finished product, we have a piece of software called Notification Center that we developed in house that you may be interested in.
I hope this helps
Martin If the sky is blue and the Sun is yellow.... Why isn't the air Green?

Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

If I could write some code that talks to your software, which then ultimately contacts a pager then I am definately interested in your software.

Regards,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back