Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anybody know what kind of error this is??? URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UWTechie

Programmer
May 24, 2001
CA
I just set up an experimental Cognos server, so that we can do some web based tests. Yesterday I set up the ODBC connection with our Oracle server, which was troublesome because I was given Oracle 8.1.6 Client, whereas the office used to use SQL*net 2.3 and an Oracle 7.3 driver.

Eventually I got it to connect , then I used architect to build a package for transformer.

When I went to transformer I set up the dimensions and measures as I always do, but I keep on getting the same error whenever I try to generate categories or create a cube.

The error is as follows:

[TR0109] Transformer couldn't read the data source.

The details:
DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'asynchronous' open.

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01453: SET TRANSACTION must be first statement of transaction.

Not sure what this means, since I have never seen it before. I know that the two server's are now hooked up because I tested the Oracle database with an MS Acces query, and got the desired results, so I figure that I need to change the configuration of something, but not sure what I need to change. Or where it is...

The error seems more Cognos/Oracle related, rather than "pure" ODBC. If you haven't already, you might try cross-posting to those forums.

Best of luck. Robert Bradley
Sr. DBA, some big company
cheap prints and oil paintings:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back