Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does an analogue(ATA) set supports mw lamp ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptsul

Technical User
Mar 22, 2006
PT
Hi all,
I've testing a message waiting lamp on a analogue set with ATA2 - BCM50B 4.0 , but no luck, not even tone ...

Does anyone tried or know if it's suppose to work.

thanks

I believe analog msg waiting only works with GASM-8's. I don't think ATA's support it.

I agree with ATA2 not supporting MWI. Also, ASM8 won't support it either.

It has to be an ASM8+ or a global ASM8 (newer)

Hi cmptsul01
Ref thread798-1212388 did you ever get the UDS script with 54 line commands finished? If so is it posted as the origonal script is the most usefull script I use.

Agreed the ATA will not support VMWI. The GASI on the M50 will also support PBX VMWI. What you need to be aware of is there are 2 types of VMWI - PBX level which are approximately 90 V cadenced and CO levels that are 120 V cadenced. You need to check the specifications on the analog device that is being connected to the port to see what levels the analog device is looking for in terms of VMWI. If the analog device you wish to connect needs CO MWI then the ASM8+ or GASM is the way to go. The ATA does support stutter tone MWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back