Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Docuprint N2825 restart/black sheet problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldkentucky

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2005
US
My office N2825 is having issues with printing out entire sheets of black toner and repeatedly restarting itself after having a document sent to it. We've had three technicians look at with the following results (all of which happened before I, the default tech person, was employed here):

#1: ????
#2: replaced the board (my bosses don't know which board) which didn't fix problems, so...
#3: cleaned the bias transfer connections which DID fix problems for a few months.

This would suggest another cleaning would be in order, but that doesn't seem to be doing it. The strange thing is that the printer doesn't give an error code for any of this behavior. I'm wondering if it's the power supply or the power connector board, but don't know that much about any of them. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? More details upon request. Thanks so much for the time.

From what you describe, the pages are solid black from edge to edge? If this so then the things I would look at are the high voltage board , which maybe what was replaced, and the high voltage contacts and the assy in which the bias roller is mounted.

i am tring to print a document with 4 sheets and my printer prints the first sheet and it stops at the middle on the second page.what is going on?

Check the tranfer roller and charge roller. Make sure they are fully seated (sometimes they pop out of place when moving the printer. Also try changing the toner.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back