Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Documents in Print Queue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin5922

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2003
GB
I am running a HP 4300N printer on a Windows 2000 Server, with Windows XP Pro as the desktop OS.

I currently have two print jobs stuck in the print queue of my black & white printer.

Although they do not seem to be stopping subsequent print jobs from processing, they are an annoyance, as there is a permanent prinetr icon in my desktop tray.

I have tried the usual methods of deleting them from the queue - both on my desktop and the server - but to no avail.

Can anyone help me get rid of these documents?

Do other users see these documents in the queue? When you log onto another computer with this printer do you see the documents? When you log on as local admin on the desktop, are the docs still there? Do you have priority levels set on the printer or are there time restrictions for printing in place? The answers to these questions may point you to the cause of the problem. Logged in as local admin you could try to delete the printer and set it up again. If other jobs can print, the problem print jobs may be set to a very low priority. Assuming you are an admin you would have management of the printer, if not make sure you have the ability to manage the printer especially if the docs belong to another user. Hope this is of some help.

kevin

Try and restart the printer spool service on your w2K print server.

Now and again we have similar problem, restarting the spool service clears all the rubbish out!

Hope this helps

Bert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back