Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Documentation - report all 'Record Source' , Code and 'Events'

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnerjs

MIS
Mar 28, 2001
CA
I am trying to clean up an Access 97 dB.
I know I can get the information I need by looking at each individual Form and Report, but there must be a simpiler way.

Is there a process that will show me the 'Record source' name for Forms and reports.

Is there a process that will show me all 'Events'names for Forms and Reports

This will allow me to identify Queries, Reports, Code, etc. that I can possibly remove.

Is there a way for me to create the required process.

I have looked at the Tools / Analyzer / Documenter, but it does not appear to give me what I want to see.

While I am asking, is there a process to report ALL user generated code used in the Forms and Reports.

The dB has approximately 32 forms, 120 reports, 180 tables and 240 queries with code to match.

If you just want a printout of the code:
Go to any code module and hit the print button. Then select Current Project to print all code in the current db.

This print Current Project is not available in Access 97 but Documenter can create files of all code you ever wanted to see. Sometimes it takes reading documentator or experimenting to find the solution.

Steve King Growth follows a healthy professional curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back