Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Documentation on norstars 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmurphy

Technical User
Nov 22, 2005
US
Hey guys, i am new here, great board btw. i am a subcontractor in North Carolina. fo the past 12 years i have primarily worked on AT&t/Lucent/Avaya equipment, but i want to start servicing Norstar/ Nortel equipment too. i have installed a few norstars in the past, but no formal training. i need help on finding documentation (installation and maintenance) and any type of trainging that is available. if you guys know where i can find any info on Norstar/ Nortel equip i would be greatly appreciative for any help! thanks

You can buy the manuals for all the Norstar systems on CD at Ebay for about $5.

Until NT hassles them too! They use to be free on wedophones.com until NT's lawyer got on their case. Sad day when they hassle you for giving away something for free!

hey tanks for the info guys. i went on Nortelnetworks.com today and they want you to pay for everything (w/ any relevent info in it). it seems kinda crappy for nortel to do that when pretty much anyone can get pretty much any docs they want from Avaya!
i have installed a few of the norstars so far and they are (being from the user friendly world of Avaya)a little complicated to program and troubleshoot to say the least. again thanks for the info! just to warn you guys,
I'LL BE BACK!

ya thats the wierd part - they give away the docs for M1/ Succession - but the Norstar/ BCM docs are avbl only to partners.

I believe the idiots are in Nashville, TN - not Canada!

no Nortel is headquartered and originally from Canada! check their website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back