Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Documentation of Access Macro - prefer table format

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfschaefer

Programmer
Apr 27, 2004
US
I have a mdb with numerous macros - Looking for suggestions on the best way to document these macros in my new specs document - which is mainly in a table format.

Access documentor does not easily translate the text into table.

Is there any tools or code that will allow me to format the documentation of the macros.

karen

This page may help you format the documenter results.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

thanks that works fantasiclly.

You think MS would incorporate this within ACCESS.

thanks.

Karen

thanks for the suggestion, however, is there a way to modify the table to include the sub macro name. I mean I have several macros that are included into a single macro, is there a way to display those names?

Karen

I don't use macros and don't know how these would get documented. I expect you have options to select that would place these in the table. Did you try open the table and look for the sub macros?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

I was able to get the List of Macro- main name however, there is no way to obtain the sub-Macro Name. And yes I normally do not use macros only Modules. Unfortunately, I inheredited the database and I am converting it into a Sql backend system.

thanks for all your input and normally your tool works great and I plan to use it in the future.

Thanks,

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back