Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

document universe in *.doc format

Status
Not open for further replies.

moley

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to caputure the universe (BO 5.1) in electronic format by printing to file to give me a *.prn file then convert it to a useable format (pdf or doc) but the format of prn is unrecognisable when I use the adobe online converter.
Has anyone any other ideas on how to get this information in an electronic format????

Cheers

In 6.1, with the Universe open you can simply go File/Save As, and when the dialogue box opens just select Portable Document Format (*.pdf) from the 'Save as type' drop down list. Is this not available in 5.1?

It's not possible in V5.

You have to download a simple (free) program from
If you use Designer to print to a file, this program can read it an then convert it to other formats.

If you're a paying customer, just download V6 and use the built-in functionality to do this. You don't have to convert to V6 to use it. Do a save as in V5 and check save for all users. then you can open in up in V6.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back