Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Document Setup: Padding after the book is done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akumadevil

Programmer
Sep 25, 2005
AU
Hi,

I have a 250 page document that is perfectly laid out -- but it turns out the designer got the dimensions wrong when setting it up.

The document page size width need to be increased 0.25 inches and the height 0.125 inches.

If I simply go ahead and do this my layout gets messed up! So, all I want to do is add the extra size as whitespace distributed on the sides -- without re-editing the entire book.

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers.

...have you tried "layout > layout adjustment" and then resizing the page size?

...the only other way is to print to a custom size page via postscript or get your print provider to imposition the artwork as needed in their imposition programme...

...without seeing the structure of the artwork it is tricky to problem solve...

...if you have bleeds and cross-over artwork on pages then your pretty much done for...in this scenario you'll have to manually change the doc size and move the artwork...

...contrary to popular belief, there isn't always a one button fix in the world of print.

...even a simple function like adding a page to a facing page file with offset margins breaks the document form that page forward...what were left hand pages, become right hand pages.

Andrew
==============
- Graphic Design and Web Design, Exeter, Devon, UK.
==============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back