Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

document.lastModified shows current time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaport

MIS
Jan 5, 2000
US
I used the following code to test "lastModified" property
Code:
alert(document.lastModified);
But it always shows the current time. The web server is IIS on my local Win2000 Pro computer. When I loaded the page to an IIS web server, the same thing happened. Could any one tell me where the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Seaport

is the page static HTML or is it created by some kind of server side script such as ASP/Perl/PHP ?

It is an ASP page. Actually, even that Js code is generated through an vbscript subroutine when the page is loaded.

In short, the file extension of that page is "asp".

Seaport

It's been my experience that when the page exists on your local computer, lastModified always shows the current time. I've never persued it further because it always worked correctly when not on the local machine.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

Thanks ggriffit,

I think I've been going the wrong directly. If the page is ASP, I should have used ASP codes, rather than JS code to achieve my goal.

Seaport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back