Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Document Form Library shows columns not defined anywhere! WTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWallace

Programmer
Dec 22, 2008
US
I click on a site (Payroll site, in this case).

There is a form library called Absentee Forms. I click on the Absentee Forms link.

The Forms Library opens in a view called "AF Summary". There is a column called "Approval Status".

But "Approval Status" is not one of the defined columns when I look at the Form Library Settings.

If I scroll down past the "Columns" list and goto the bottom of the page, under Views, the "AF Summary" view is there. This is the view I first mentioned that has the "Approval Status" column. When I open this view, the column is there! But all I can do is change it's display order. I cannot tell where the hell this column COMES FROM, or how to change it's definition (Single/Multiline, text, default value, etc).

For more detailed info, let me say that the problem I am trying to solve is this: There is an infoPath form that collects data and submits the form to the library. No field, anywhere, hidden or visible, has "Approval Status". The form does not appear to supply this variable when it submits. The Data Connection does not seem to supply it either. When it arrives in the form library, it has an "Approval Status" of "DRAFT". It needs to submit with a default Approval Status of "Pending". But I cannot find the field in the InfoPath form, or in the Workflow, and I cannot find where the Approval Status column's physical definition is set so that I can see if it has a "default value" that I can change. The only place where I have found ANY mention of "Draft" is on a SPD workflow file called "Absentee Form Approval.xoml.rules" This made me take a closer look at the RULES in the InfoPath form, but there is no mention of Draft, or Approval Status there. Maybe a Workflow has rules? I just do not know where to find them.

But ultimately, by hook or by crook, I need this form to submit with a default "Approval Status" of "Pending", not "Draft".

Sorry for such a vague description, but it's the best I can do to describe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back