Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

document contains no data (which is not true)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gosuc

Technical User
Mar 12, 2001
DE
Hi Apache-gurus,

I have installed apache V2.0.35 on my HP-UX box. To get
the server running I added a user nogroup.
The DocumentRoot is /opt/apache2/lib/htdocs. The ServerRoot is /opt/apache2. I hav adjusted the htdocs directory
and all files and subdirectories beneath it to owner www
and group nogroup.
When starting the server with apachectl start, there will be 4 httpd daemons in the ps -listing. In /etc/services, the port 80 is not commented out.
Inside the Directory-directive of htdocs I have Options All Indexes FollowSymlinks, Order allow, deny and Allow from all.

But when I test the server from my browser with I get the error-message "document contains no data".
But looking into the directory /opt/apache2/lib/htdocs (the DocumentRoot) there are many files, including index.html.

If I try to access the server from another box within the same network, I get the response: "Forbidden, you are not permitted to access the remote system".

What the heck have I missed to configure?

Any help is very apreciated.

regards,

fred

(P.S. excuse my bad English)

Follow up ....

by now I am a step further. I can get on the server-page when I type in my IP-Address instead of localhost. But why
does the server not accept "localhost" ? I've tried
to make some Listen -entries like "Listen localhost" resp.
"Listen localhost:80" etc, but that doesn't work.
still brings the message "Documents contains no data" and shows me what
I want to see, the contents of the htdocs-directory.

Perhaps someone can help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back