Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Document Anomaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

643hd5

MIS
May 29, 2003
US
Hi. I have a frustrating issue with the MSTR documents (using v 7.5), which has stumped me. [mad] I have created two reports that run fine on its own. All the fields get populated. However, when I put the two reports in a document, not all the fields are populated. For example:

Run report by itself, get following:

Date Product Cost
8/1/04 widget_a $5
8/1/04 widget_a $10
8/1/04 widget_b $6
8/1/04 widget_c $7

Run the document, get following:

Date Product Cost
8/1/04 widget_a $5
$10
widget_b $6
widget_c $7

So, it does kind of a grouping. How do I ungroup it / show all data in the document? Is there some document display option I need to change?!

The weird thing is that it only does this on certain documents, while other documents show all the data.

Please help! I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out!!! [mad]

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

[lipstick]

Cheers,
Lisa

Open up the report in desktop. Go to Grid menu option. Make sure the Merge Row Head Header Cells option is not pressed in.

Check the stylesheet setting for the report in the document. The report format options don't apply to how the report displays in documents. There is an xsl stylesheet that is attached to the report object in the document. This determines how the report displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back