Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOCS OPEN 3.8 W/WINDOWS XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GShepey

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2004
US
We recently purchased new computers running Windows XP Porfession in our office but are still running version Docs Open 3.8.2. We originally were running Windows NT. After installing docsopen on the new workstations, some problems seem to be happening. The biggest problem is saving. When a user tries to save a file, they receive the following error: SAVE FAILED FOR DMS DOCID @PFDesktop\::ODMA/PCDOCS/DOCS/208350/1

After you hit ok, you then get a WPWin Error what says: cannot open file.

After you hit ok with that, a blank document profile screen pops up again. The weird thing is that the profile you tried creating does show up in your recently edited, but it is saved as a 0 byte file.

Anyone have any idea on what may be causing this?

This may be related to MS Office (if that's what you're attempting to save from) rather than Windows XP. What version of Office are you running?

I tested the Project XP macros from DOCS Open 3.9.6 in an attempt to integrate Project 2003 (since there are no 2003 macros) and got similar results to the problems you are experiencing.

We are using WordPerfect 8. Wordperfect documents are the only type we use w/the DocsOpen. I don't know if it is a compatability issue, or if I was just not seeing something when I installed it onto a new client.

I just downloaded a trial version of WordPerfect 12 to replace our WordPerfect 8, and that seemed to alleviate the problem we were having with saving documents. Now we have run into a different problem...If you close WordPerfect out before you close out DOCS, DOCS just hangs...doesn't exit. If you exit DOCS first and then exit WordPerfect, everything shuts down fine. Also, on the DOCS screen where you see the Applications, nothing appears there now like the shortcut to WordPerfect. Does anyone know how to get this back, and also how to rectify the situation with DOCS not shutting fully down?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back